Q: Repair Policy

I recently got my brake pads and rotors changed by a mechanic. The next couple days i noticed that my car is groaning when I turn my wheel. I believe it has to do with power steering. Should I suspect something happened during the repair. Am I entitled to have this new issue resolved.

A: I’m sorry about the issues you are having. ...

I’m sorry about the issues you are having. It does sound like your power steering. However, I don’t believe this is the mechanics fault. Power steering pumps are a wear and tear item and if not maintained properly they will go bad. Check your power steering and see if you have enough fluid. If it’s low add more and see if it helps. With that being said, once a power steering pump starts making the noise you are explaining then its going to have to be replaced. If you would like to have one of our professional technicians repair your power steering pump or possibly evaluate the other mechanic’s work please refer to our website.