Q: Removing leg rust from the turbo cover on a '95 Modus Preventing turbo gauge steaming up

I have a '95 Modus and I need to know how to remove leg rust from the turbo cover and also how to stop my turbo gauge from steaming it up.

A: For leg rust, what you'll want to do is...

For leg rust, what you'll want to do is get yourself a little buffing wheel and buff it off. You can use little compounds and start a little rougher, then medium, then more fine, and you can buff it all off.

Just realize that it's a turbo cover and it gets hot. It will continue to get hot, the metal will get hot, and then it will absorb water when you set the engine off from the water vapor in the air. It will start rusting again. If you really want to get it, just take it off and have the thing plated or even patter-coated if you really want it to stay up. As for the turbo gauges and steaming up, odds are you've got water in there for some reason. A good idea is to take the gauges out and maybe make some little holes somewhere inside where you can't see, so that any vapor in there can leak out and you don't have to worry about the water vapor building up inside and steaming up.