Q: Remove and replace driver's door lock actuator. I just removed door panel.

Remove and replace driver's door lock actuator.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The door lock actuator will need to be unbolted/unscrewed from its position. It can then be unhooked from the lock’s linkage, and unplugged. Once it has been removed, we will have to reverse the procedure to install the new actuator. Once the new actuator is installed and hooked up, make sure to test the locks both with the driver’s controls and the key fob. Then you can reinstall the door panel. To have a technician do it, you will pay for parts and labor. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment. You can also check for quotes online, or speak to a representative.

• Remove and replace driver's door lock actuator. I just removed door panel.