Q: Remove alt. Lower bolt to long to come out..

Having a problem removing alt. Lower bolt to dam long hitting the frame can anyone help me out ???

You will have to disconnect the coolant pipe mountings to move it out of the way to get the alternator out of vehicle. You will need to loosen all four bolts that hold the alternator to the engine and then rotate the alternator counter clockwise and lift it up and out of the vehicle - these bolts cannot be removed with the alternator. Make sure to install the bolts into the new alternator before it is installed so you can install it without issue. If you would like assistance with this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and replace your alternator for you.