Q: Remove a wired tracking device

I am certain there's a wired tracking device on my car. I found it under the dash on drivers side. My ex husband had to let me keep the car he bought me after we divorced, and I don't want him to know my whereabouts whenever he feels like it! Please help me understand the best way to remove with out damaging the vehicle. Thank you for your help!

These trackers are typically what they call "plug-and-play" type devices and can usually just be unplugged if you know where it’s located. Depending on how it is connected, it should be simple to remove. If you are unsure about how to disconnect it, you may want to have a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic come to your location to safely remove it.

3. Remove a wired tracking device