Q: Remote start trouble.

Hi. Whenever I try to remote start my car it takes it a number of times to actually start. Is there anything I should do to stop this? The car lights up when I press it but it doesn't actually start.

Hi there. In most cases, the symptom you’re describing with the remote starter is due to either low battery power inside the FOB remote or an error code is stored inside the on board ECU in your Jeep Liberty. If you’ve noticed a check engine light or other error light on the dashboard, you should have the computer scanned and tested to see why the Check Engine Light is on. The codes can be the reason the remote start is not working. The remote start will not work if another system is causing the lock out for the remote start to be active. I would recommend that you replace the remote starter battery first, and if that doesn’t clear things up, have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection.