Q: Remote doesn't lock car - BMW 525xi

When I went to the store a few days ago I got out my remote to lock my car and it didn’t work. And it still doesn’t work. But the unlock button on the remote unlocks the car after it has been locked with the key. It started doing this after I vacuumed the car and cleaned the leather seats. Do you know what might have caused the remote not to lock my car?

A: It sounds like it is likely there is an iss...

It sounds like it is likely there is an issue with the key remote itself, especially if the unlock function operates from the the key remote. You can test this theory if you have a spare key to see if the lock function works from the remote. If the key needs to be replaced, it will have to be ordered from the dealer as the keys are vehicle specific but can be synchronized with the vehicle without having the dealer initialize the remote.