Q: reduced engine power - safety driving

When trying to accelerate if i hit the gas pedal down a warning sign will appear reduced power engine and it will show safety driving and will lose power reallyyyyyy lose power. And then i turned off after parking and turning on again everything is ok. But today that happened to me and did not start up again. I appreciate your help

A: Hello. "Safety driving" is also k...

Hello. "Safety driving" is also known as limp-mode. This is a program set to control the engine performance and keep it at a bare minimum in order to get the vehicle to safety. This mode is triggered by the vehicle's computer in order to keep further damage from occurring. When this mode is triggered, there is an issue that has been detected by the computer and you need to know what it is. Have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes by a technician, or you can have it read at most automotive parts stores. Once you know what system is causing the limp-mode, you can proceed with diagnosis and repair. Unfortunately there are quite a few components that may cause limp-mode, and it is simplest to obtain the information directly from the computer.