Q: Reduced engine light is on...could it be the battery or because it needs oil?

Reduced engine light came on and I noticed the truck was idled up real high and fast. It barely wanted to crank...could it be the battery or because the truck needs oil? Or could it be more serious?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are several causes for the reduced engine power light to illuminate. Luckily because there is a light on, the computer has detected what the issue is and is trying to communicate that to you. The fastest way to get that information is by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This can be done with a scan tool by a technician, or at most local automotive parts stores. Doing a general inspection of the vehicle is also a great idea. This would include checking the oil level, coolant level, having the battery tested, and having the vehicle scanned.

3. Reduced engine light is on...could it be the battery or because it needs oil?