Q: Recommendation on which type of oil to use on a 2010 Altima and 2005 Sonata

I have a 2010 Altima and a 2005 Sonata. I live in Florida and it never goes below freezing. Can I run a 10W-40 as the oil seems to thin after 2000 miles? If not 10-40, is 10-30 okay?

A: I have a 2010 Altima and a 2005 Sonata. I l...

A: Basically, it’s warm enough in Florida, so ...

Basically, it’s warm enough in Florida, so you can run 10W-40. I’m in Texas and I run 10W-40 in my Toyota that has got 236,000 miles. It’s an older car and if the oil gets to thin out, go ahead. You live in a warm enough climate so it’s not going to do any damage. You’ll get a little bit worse gas mileage. That’s the only thing that is going to happen.