Q: recieved car back after trans replacement and parking brake handle was limp and not engaging back down.

Had my car in to have a new transmission put in and it was returned to me with the parking brake handle loose. Upon inspection the dealership told me it was the parking brake shoes and that the pads on the parking brake shoes were so worn that it wasn't their fault. I need to know if there's even pads on this part of the brake system? And an explanation of whether this sounds like BS to a mechanic or not.

3. recieved car back after trans replacement and parking brake handle was limp and not engaging back down.