Q: Recently my 1994 F 150, manual transmission, 302 V8 lost ALL power. I replaced the starter relay and now when I turn the ignition

My truck lost ALL power, I replaced the starter relay and got power back except now when I turn the ignition I get a single clanking noise? Does anyone have any idea why? I have checked the battery, cables and connections and they are all good.

1994 F 150 V8 5.0 302 Manual transmission

Your Clanking noise would be the sound of the starter engaging the flywheel. So at least that much is working. But it takes a lot of energy to turn the starter and there might not be enough juice getting to the starter to make it happen. Another possibility is that the engine is locked up. This might sound crazy, but it’s a good idea to check and make sure that the engine can turn before spending all of your time and money to get the starter turning. If you can access the front of the engine with a wrench, just give it a go and make sure it can turn. If you decide you need help with this, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your starting problem and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. Recently my 1994 F 150, manual transmission, 302 V8 lost ALL power. I replaced the starter relay and now when I turn the ignition