Q: Recently got a estimate to repair the intake manifold. I have anti-freeze in the engine oil and was told it's the intake gasket.

Will mechanic check for head gasket damage before ding work including flush out system and oil several times what's the warranty ?

Hi there. To check for a blown head gasket, put a compression tester on each cylinder and see if the engine has compression. If the engine has 130 psi of compression or more, then the cylinders are sealed and working properly. There could be a leak on the head gasket to make oil go into the cooling system, but if the cylinders are good on compression, then there is nothing wrong with the head gasket. It is common for the intake gaskets to leak coolant into the engine valley area and mix coolant with the oil. If the engine is running at a normal temperature and is not overheating, then I recommend replacing the intake gaskets and changing the engine oil and filter 3 times with 50 miles on each. This will clean out the engine and prevent any unusual wear. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the coolant in the oil condition.

Warranty question is sent to CS for the warranty on work performed.

• Recently got a estimate to repair the intake manifold. I have anti-freeze in the engine oil and was told it's the intake gasket.