Q: Rebuilt transmission performs worse than previous one - 1990 Toyota Supra Manual

I recently had the transmission rebuilt. My car is supposed to be about 7-8 seconds per 0-60. I purchased it used and since then it had been doing about 10-14 seconds per 0-60. So after having the transmission entirely rebuilt, I expected better performance. Instead, it is now weaker than before and does 20-30 seconds in 0-60. In your professional experience, why is it running worse after the rebuilt transmission and what can I do to get my car to perform better?

Depending on how "recently" the transmission was rebuilt, you might first go back to the transmission repair shop and point out the significant change in performance. Perhaps something bumped when the transmission was removed/replaced? Exhaust pipe dented/obstructed? Otherwise, get a professional mechanic to check this out - YourMechanic can help.

3. Rebuilt transmission performs worse than previous one - 1990 Toyota Supra Manual