Q: rebuilt motor won't run well

I rebuilt this motor, all new gaskets, timing chain, seals, clutch, etc. I went to start it, it only starts at full throttle and won't run unless your foot is down, it runs rough, Theres a gas most coming from the throttle body, and 3 of the 8 exhaust ports won't even get hot after running it. Is it timing? Help!

Its possible for timing to be contributing to the cause, but 3 and 8 are not firing. Thats the bigger issue. Check for proper plug wire orientation, and check your plugs to see if they are wet, indicating that they are getting fuel. Also make sure that the distributor cap and rotor as no issues. You can use a timing light to see if the plugs are getting a spark by connecting the trigger lead to 3 and 8. The timing light should flash. if you still need help, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.com, will be able to determine the exact cause of your rough running engine.

3. rebuilt motor won't run well