Q: Rebuild rear end brakes - 1966 Chevrolet C20

I’m rebuilding my Chevy and I have a limited slip in the rear end. I want disc brakes. I want to keep the original housing if possible, so it bolts up to everything correctly. Is it possible to rebuild the rear end into a 4:10 posi ½ ton 5 bolt pattern with disc brake kit? Will the tubes for the axles be too big? If not what do you suggest I do? I’m new at rebuilding cars so need all the help I can get. Or should I find a different rear end like a ‘71 or ‘72 C10 posi or a Ford 9”? Thanks.

This is a rather specialized modification. Check local and Internet sources of truck customization or modifications. Experience and good technical resources can be found with appropriate search criteria and careful fact checking.

3. Rebuild rear end brakes - 1966 Chevrolet C20