Q: Rebuild rear end brakes - 1966 Chevrolet C20

I’m rebuilding my Chevy and I have a limited slip in the rear end. I want disc brakes. I want to keep the original housing if possible, so it bolts up to everything correctly. Is it possible to rebuild the rear end into a 4:10 posi ½ ton 5 bolt pattern with disc brake kit? Will the tubes for the axles be too big? If not what do you suggest I do? I’m new at rebuilding cars so need all the help I can get. Or should I find a different rear end like a ‘71 or ‘72 C10 posi or a Ford 9”? Thanks.

This is a rather specialized modification. Check local and Internet sources of truck customization or modifications. Experience and good technical resources can be found with appropriate search criteria and careful fact checking.