Q: Rebuild or Used Transmission?

I have a 1999 Lexus RX300 failed transmission. Is a rebuild or used transmission better?

3. Rebuild or Used Transmission?

Q: Catalyst not ready

Hi there. The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the performance of emissions related systems in your vehicle. In the case of the catalytic converter, it looks at the signals from the oxygen sensors to determine catalytic converter efficiency. If the...

Q: Passenger side seat belts getting stuck.

Hi, The seat belt system is designed to lock if pulled out too fast or if in a fast stop. Inside the mechanism for the belt there is a ratching mechanism that controls this locking and is not serviceable at...

Q: Lexus IS250 2007 166K miles. No problems ever. Power failing; will run if all systems off; smells like ozone. Thinking alternator

Hi there. I believe you may be correct about the alternator. Perform a visual inspection of the valve cover area above the alternator for oil. If there is oil leaking onto the alternator, this will need to be corrected as...