Q: Cylinder honing

Hi i want to hone the cylinders on my focus, my question is that standard rings and larger rings are given as a choice for purchase. Can i hone the cylinders and still use standard rings and pistons?

Generally, honing the cylinders will not take off any material on the inside of the cylinder walls which means you should be able to purchase the standard sized rings assuming you do not take any material off of the inside of the cylinder walls. What is important to note is the size of the honing tool you are using. Be sure that this is the correct size for the cylinder bore you are honing.

3. Cylinder honing