Q: rear window not going down, problem with wires

My rear window isn't going down. I have checked the volts on the switch and the plug that connects to the motor. The plug has 2 wires. Should they both have power? When I press up or down the 2 wires have power and the motor makes a noise. What should I change? Thanks.

A: The way the power window regulators work is...

The way the power window regulators work is they have positive voltage when the up window switch is pressed and they will have negative voltage when the down switch is pressed. The most likely cause of the power window fault would either be the window switch or the power window regulator itself. I recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose your window issue and make the correct repair.