Q: Rear shock replacement

My rear shocks are shot, OEM replacements are upwards of $350 per shock. I would like to replace them with a standard gas shock. I've done the research and I can easily bypass all the sensors. I just need to know what shocks will physically fit in there. All of my searches lead me to the air shocks which again are astronomically high priced. Surely GM has a similar sedan that has a shock that would fit. I appreciate your time, thank you!

My car has an automatic transmission. My car is AwD

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don’t offer repair advice for aftermarket part replacement of recommended OEM components. Although you are correct that the sensors can be bypassed, this comes with several potential problems on monitoring traction control, ABS and other vital vehicle operation components. You might want to ask a local mechanic or search online for aftermarket parts that will work. Typically Cadillac performance forums are good for this type of advice.