Q: Rear right wheel locks after driving 3-4 feet.

I was leaving my driveway about a week ago, and pulled out in reverse just fine. When I placed the car in drive, I started to pull away, and then my rear right wheel locked up after three or four feet. When I tapped the brake, it would release for a second, but after another three or four feet it would lock up again. In reverse I can go as far as I'd like, but as soon as it's in drive, it locks. What could be the problem? Up till this point, the car has been a dream, zero issues.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, leads me to believe the emergency/parking brake may be partially applied. This would account for being able to move in reverse and only a few feet forward. It could be, the parking brake cable is not fully releasing. I recommend having your vehicle’s right rear wheel locks be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Rear right wheel locks after driving 3-4 feet.