Q: Rear right wheel issue

When I drive the truck, afterwards it smells like burnt rubber. I don't think it is emitting the smell from the engine. It seems to be coming from the right rear wheel. When I drive, the truck would pull to the right slightly as well. What could be wrong with it? Thanks.

A: It is possible that your back tire could be...

It is possible that your back tire could be rubbing against something. I would have the rear axle of your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic and make sure that nothing is bent or obstructing the wheel and tire in any way.

If something is rubbing against your tire bad enough to cause smoke, this may have ruined the tire completely. This would be considered an unsafe driving condition and should be diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible to prevent any hazardous situations.

Have the vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic, they will be able to diagnose the smell firsthand and make the necessary repairs to get your car running normally again.