Q: Rear power sliding door, 2005 Buick Terraza

My car has 175,500 miles on it. My right rear power sliding door won’t close sometimes, but it opens fine all of the time. When I try to close the door it will ding and open up just when it’s almost closed. Sometimes it will do this 5 times before it shuts all the way. It’s like there is something blocking it. But it doesn't happen all of the time. Do you know how to get this fixed?

The close operation for the door is dependent on the door not being blocked in some way or binding that will cause the motor to reverse. This is a safety feature. The first thing to do is open the door all the way and clean the lower door track of any dirt and debris and then lube the track and on all the slides for the door using a spray dry lube. Then try the door again to see if it fixes the problem. If it does not, then have a mechanic inspect the door mechanism in order to have this corrected.