Q: Rear level change, ABC Light on

The message panel in the car started showing the active body control warning light illuminated yesterday. After that, I noticed that the rear level system is different than it was. What is causing this?

Hello. The active body control light comes on when the computer detects an issue with the active body control system. The active body control system uses a hydraulic pump to level out the vehicle’s suspension. If a problem occurs with the system or pump, then it can set off the light, as well as affect the vehicle’s suspension and ride characteristics. I would recommend having the suspension inspected and the computer scanned for trouble codes, to determine exactly what is setting off the light.

3. Rear level change, ABC Light on