Q: Rear end of truck hops occasionally, usually at slower speeds, what could it be?

When driving, typically at slower speeds, the rear end of the truck vibrates and feels like it hops.. if I let off the gas or just continue driving, it ends up stopping.. I have retreads on the truck and didn't know if that could cause it, but if it were the tires wouldn't it do it all the time? Or could it be a carrier bearing or u joint..

Hi there. First off, I would strongly recommend removing the retread tires as soon as possible. Retread tires can cause the type of symptoms you are describing - and can do it on an inconsistent basis. They are also prone to failure quicker than standard replacement tires - so it’s a safety concern. In regards to other possible sources, the U-joints, rear axles or rear shock mounts might be the problem parts.

3. Rear end of truck hops occasionally, usually at slower speeds, what could it be?