Q: Rear door latch switches disabled? How to re-enable?

I just bought a '14 F-150 SCrew. When I open either of the rear doors, the interior lights do not come on, and the door ajar alarm does not go off (if the truck is in ACC/running). I thought the previous owner might have jumpered the appropriate lines on the latches/switches for the rear doors to make them always appear shut, but I just pulled the door panel and ohmed out those lines at the latch pigtail (harness side), and they aren't shorted together. Also, I've got a scan tool that can monitor PIDs, and the rear doors always show as 'closed', even when actually open.

Do you have any ideas why this might be the case, and how I can re-enable those door switches?

Thank you!

The rear door ajar switches are parts of the latch in the doors. There is no on or off switch to disable them. The problem is most likely caused from the ajar switch switches inside both latches are stuck in the closed door position. This means the switch is stuck open and not completing contact to ground signaling the body control module that the door is open. This is why the PID does not signal the door is open and turn on the light for you. You will need to replace the door latches if you want the doors to work the interior lights. You should contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and verify the latches are bad and replace latches

3. Rear door latch switches disabled? How to re-enable?