Q: Rear Differential Repair

Year: 2013 Make: Toyota Model: Tacoma Style/Body: CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR Engine: 4.0L V6 DOHC 24V Country of Assembly MEXICO Trim: PreRunner Double Cab V6 Auto 2WD Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic Driveline: RWD Tank (gallon): 21.10 Anti-Brake System: 4-Wheel ABS

I'm trying to order a new or used Rear Differential for my truck. I need the whole Differential but not the axles. I'm trying to figure out if I have the locking or non locking differential and what gear ratio my differential has. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

A: Your best bet would be to go to or contact ...

Your best bet would be to go to or contact a Toyota dealer and give them the full VIN you have. This will be used by the dealer to access your vehicle build list. This list will tell you everything that was installed into your vehicle when it was built. You will be able to get the corresponding part numbers to your differential. You will also be able to find the gear ratio and if it is a locker or non locker. You can also find this information by downloading the 2013 Toyota Tacoma product specs from Toyota’s website.