Q: Rattling sound when I leave the car for 2 hours

When I drive my car to go to lunch, it makes a loud clicking sound. But when I drive it just 30 minutes later after eating, it doesn't happen. Please tell me what is causing this.

One possible cause could be a faulty VTC (Vale Timing Control) solenoid or an actuator. As the oil pressure builds during a cold start, the noise is usually due to camshaft timing adjustments. Once the oil pressure rises and the oil viscosity drops, the noise will go away. Another possibility could be a failing timing chain tensioner. Now to locate the noise and verify the issue, an engine stethoscope should be used to verify the noise location. You may want to enlist the help of an mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the necessary equipment and training to locate and correct the noise issue.