Q: rattling sound in the engine

rattling sound when car is put in gear. mechanic recommends replacing timing chain tensioner. how mych would it cost? tnx

A: Hello there; many faults will cause a knock...

Hello there; many faults will cause a knocking noise when your 2012 Toyota Sienna is put into gear. The timing chain tensioner is one of the many possibilities. Other possible faults would be the flexplate, belt tensioner, idler pulley, engine mounts or a misfire condition. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s rattling noise, and replace the timing chain tensioner if necessary.