Q: Rattling noise on start

The car makes a rattling noise when starting and gets quieter, but never goes away. The car also shakes when going in reverse. It's very loud in the mornings on cold start.

Hi There, There are many different possibilities when it comes to rattling noises that a car can make. Depending on where it is coming from, it may be difficult to diagnose without coming to inspect the vehicle to hear this noise. Things like heat shields on your exhaust system are very common and prone to breaking or coming loose which can cause them to rattle at certain times. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.