Q: rattling noise coming from the engine.

My 98 ford ranger makes a rattling noise whenever i start driving above 40 it sounds it is comming from the engine but it does not make that noise when i just rev the engine. SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS NO OIL BUT I JUST CHANGED OIL AND FILTER

Check to see if the rattling noise happens when revving the engine up and holding the throttle at around 2500 rpm’s. If there is no noise but only happens when driving, then there could be a heat shield that is loose and vibrates as the engine is under a load. If the noise is coming on the engine as a ticking sound, then the lifters are sticking and need replaced. If you need further assistance with a rattling noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.