Q: Randomly radio shuts off and then tries to reboot

The radio in my car randomly shuts off and every 5-10 minutes it tries to reboot. The Mercedes display appears and the radio then plays with all the un-available functions. When it tries to reboot, it never does fully reboot to the navigation or the radio screen before it turns off and then tries to reboot again. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Since the radio is on, it’s obviously got both power and ground to it. My guess is that either the radio has failed internally, or the control module is having issues. The module may be able to be reflashed to resolve this issue. Have you car looked at by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the issue with your radio and repair your problem firsthand.

3. Randomly radio shuts off and then tries to reboot