Q: Ran great, died on highway, added 2 qrts, ran 5-6 miles died again

Bought a used car, ran great for a week suddenly died on highway. Checked dip stick. Bone dry. Had oil brought to me. Added 2 qrts. Started up, ran for 5-6 more miles, died again. Dry dipstick, no evidence of oil leak.

A: You need to check the PCV system and air fi...

You need to check the PCV system and air filter to see if it is clogged. Remove the oil cap and start the motor after you fill the oil and see if you see smoke come out of the oil cap hole indicating broken piston rings. You should see if there is evidence of oil coming out of tail pipe, such as smoke when running or residue in pipe. If you need to have this checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the stalling problem and carefully go through the relevant systems.