Q: Radio totally died, not sure what to do

While my 2007 Toyota Tundra was still under warranty I had the factory radio/cd player unit replaced when it failed at like 25,000 miles. Now the truck is at 80,000 miles and the thing has broken again. It turns off by itself and gets no reception whatsoever. Should I replace it with something aftermarket? That may be the cheaper option at this point.

My recommendation would definitely be to replace it with an aftermarket unit. If this problem has occurred twice with the same unit, then it is likely to happen again. Although, you can take into consideration whether you would likely still own your truck by the time the radio potentially fails again. There are many choices for aftermarket units. They are often better than the OEM radio units, and many of them are custom designed to fit like an OEM unit.