Q: Radio is "glitchy" - 1997 Dodge Dakota

i just got a 97 dodge dakota and someone had put a after market radio in the truck the company i got the truck from had replaced the radio but when driving my truck the radio will turn off and all on its own and i was wonderig ifthere is a way to replace it

Hi there - since this is not factory radio wiring, I would be suspicious of the wiring done to install the new radio, rather than the radio itself. Time to crawl under the dash (or slide the radio out of the dash), and check on the quality of the installation. Poor "add-on" wiring practices have cause more problems than all the OEM radio failures. For assistance, I recommend a electrical problem service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Radio is "glitchy" - 1997 Dodge Dakota