Q: Radio/electrics died, worried about my car

I have a 2012 Honda Civic that is having issues with the electrical systems inside the car. My car has only 45,000 miles on it, so imagine my surprise when the radio suddenly didn’t work one day! The electrical components on the dashboard have been acting up as well. The power windows barely work, and now I'm worried every time I roll down a window that I won't be able to roll it up. What can I do to solve this problem quickly?

It sounds like you are experiencing a few issues: radio, dashboard, and windows. The radio not working can be as simple as a blown fuse. Check your owner’s manual to find where the radio fuse is located, pull the fuse out, and look at it. If the fuse looks good (see owner’s manual), then it might be something more complex and will require a technician to pull the radio. A technician can diagnose if the radio itself has failed. Regarding the electrical components on the dashboard, are they part of the LED segments in your display? If so, these LEDs are not serviceable. If this is what you are referring to, you will likely need to have the entire cluster replaced. Concerning your windows, there are two places the windows can be operated from. The driver has access to control all windows and the passengers have access to control their own window via a switch located in the corresponding door. If all windows operate the same from either switch (driver/passenger), it sounds like they have a common power or ground issue. A technician with a DVOM and amp meter can determine if it’s a main switch (all power and grounds for the windows run through this switch) or wiring issue. To have your vehicle inspected, please contact YourMechanic and one of our technicians will be happy to assist.