Q: Radio cuts out then comes back on when shifting gears

On my wife's sonata, the radio cuts out then comes back on when she shifts gears. The inside lights do not flicker, but they do dim a s light bit

Hello, thank you for writing in. While it is apparent there is an electrical issue, you will want to consider that there may be a component which is failing, or there may be a tangled or damaged wire. When the transmission range sensor fails, the system will go into a failure mode and cause the radio to cut out. If you replace or electrically test the sensor and find that is is fine, you will want to trace down your radio’s wiring. Make sure none of the wires are damaged, or are caught in many part of the shift linkage. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.