Q: Q: Radiator leak

I replaced my old leaky radiator with a new OEM one and everything was fine until a few days ago when i noticed the temperature gauge rising. Found a leak at the seam where the top plastic part of the radiator meets the aluminum main body. I tried the liquid sealant, coolant additive from the auto parts store but it didnt make a difference. My question is, can i use a high heat epoxy or something of the like to patch the leak from the outside or should i just buy another new radiator and hope it works? Thanks!

You cannot seal these leaks so you’ll need to replace the radiator. You can get another OEM one or an aftermarket model which will be cheaper but it should be okay for use. I would recommend replacing the thermostat and the radiator cap as well.

Make sure you flush out all of the sealer you used since it may clog the new radiator and thermostat. Do not forget to clean out the overflow tank also.

If you need assistance with this, feel free to reach out to a qualified technician who can diagnose the source of the coolant leak and replace the radiator as necessary.

3. Q: Radiator leak