Q: Radiator issue

Is it safe to drive without radiator fluid or a cracked radiator?

A: As far as safety goes, you should be just f...

As far as safety goes, you should be just fine. As far as damage to your vehicle, I would not recommend driving your vehicle without coolant in it. If your radiator is only slightly cracked, it may be ok to drive the vehicle if it is not losing fluid too quickly. I would recommend having the radiator replaced as soon as possible if the vehicle needs to be driven often to prevent any issues that may arise from the eventual overheating that will occur. Once the radiator has been replaced, be sure to have the cooling system pressure tested by a qualifed technician to ensure that the leak is fixed. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this inspection, and possibly replace your radiator if need be.