Q: Radiator is no good, went through a few

My 2006 Ford Explorer is currently on its third radiator. The vehicle in question has only 55,000 miles on it and now I am seeing coolant leaking from this radiator as well. I am so tired of taking this truck in for the same service! Is there a way to rectify this problem for good or do I need to get rid of it? I am out of solutions.

The computer controlled fan on these vehicles comes on and goes off at a certain temperature and is controlled by the engine control module. Ford has come out with a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 09-8-1, dated 5/8/2009. The TSB calls for an updated radiator and reprogramming of the engine control module to change the fan strategy of when and what temperature it comes on and goes off. I would also recommend a thermostat and radiator cap replacement - the thermostat, since it controls coolant flow through the engine and the radiator cap, since it relieves excessive pressure. Also make sure you are using compatible coolant with your vehicle.

3. Radiator is no good, went through a few