Q: Radiator hose problem

My car is overheating and not drawing water through the top radiator hose.

Hi. It sounds like your thermostat is stuck closed and needs to be replaced. The thermostat is closed when you first start your engine in the morning, preventing circulation of coolant at first as the engine warms up. Once at the correct temperature, the thermostat will open allowing fresh coolant to flow and begin cooling the engine as necessary. Over time, the thermostat will fail, preventing any flow of coolant, and overheating the engine. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, replace your car’s thermostat and inspect for possible failing components.