Q: Radiator has small hair line crack on the top of the plastic area

Radiator for a small crack on top, it's is plastic. I used in weld on it and after a day the the in weld also for a crack in the same area I did some research. When engine cold I started car and coolant was not moving. Warm engine coolant still not moving. Within 5 min after car start heater blows warm air. Founf out toque strut engine mount was broken, I replaced it. Front engine mount plastic is also bad and still needs to be replaced. Today gonna flush and bleed coolant. And change thermostat and maybe temp sensor, and coolant reservoir. After 5 -10 minutes of driving steam pours out the front. The temp gauge never goes past 50% What a your view on my sotuaition.? Any advice

A: Hello, from what you’ve described you shoul...

Hello, from what you’ve described you should replace the radiator. This will only get worse. The plastic end tanks become brittle after years of "hot-cold-hot-cold" and pressure cycles, and the seal area when the end tank is crimped to the aluminum radiator is especially vulnerable.

To avoid any more issues, I would recommend having your radiator serviced by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.