Q: Radiator fan relay

My car had been overheating I took it in & got a new radiator & Motor & still they had to put a temporary fix in order for my radiator fan to come on .. I would have to control it by a switch & have the fan running the whole time in order for it not to overheat while driving & I would have turn it off when I'm done driving so the fan could stop .. What is exactly the problem ?? I think it's the relay ..if so where/how can I get it fix & how much would it run me

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The cooling fan relay is located in front of the radiator and condenser in the front grill area. The relay is controlled by the engine control module (ECM) to turn the cooling fans on and off. The relay is powered by a main fuse that should be in the main fuse panel in the engine compartment fuse box.

The repair needed to fix the cooling fan system on your car would depend on which component has failed. As long as the signal to turn on the fan is coming from the ECM, then the problem will most likely be with the fuse, or the fan relay in front of the radiator. All it would take is a few checks to isolate the problem by checking for power to the relay, and signal from the ECM. If no power is coming out of relay, then the relay must be burnt.

If you cannot do the checks yourself, then I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or business and diagnose your overheating issue.