Q: quote

I was just qouted 1500 for new front and back breaks and 4 new tires for my 2012 passat? Is that outrageous?

You will need to have the prices broken down in order to see what the charge will be for 4 tires and labor to install them then balance them. The tires installed may be over $200 a piece depending on tires quality and sizes. The brakes should include 4 new rotors and new quality pads installed with new brake hardware. The price does not sound too outrageous for all this work and parts installed. You can get a good benchmark on prices by entering your vehicle information and the services you need in our estimator page.