Q: Question about flooding and mold

Hey there! Long story but end result is after a lot of rain, the inside of my Matrix started flooding on the passenger side floor only. Usually this just results in a tiny pool of water, and when it got REALLY bad, considerably more water pooling. I cleaned up the majority, but there's still much more underneath the car's carpet that is inaccessible to me.

Cleaning this is going to be very problematic... and potentially expensive. The main reason I haven't yet (its been weeks) is because I don't have much money.

Now - all this notwithstanding - my main question RIGHT NOW is merely how long will it take for things to get moldy and disgusting? (moreso) I know that's something I have to take care of.

There is really no way to give you a definitive answer as to how long things will take to get moldy and musty. The process has basically already begun once water got into the car. Geography and weather will play a big factor in how long it takes. If your climate is warm, leave the windows open slightly all day every day. Wide open if you can. If you have a warm garage, even better. Park it inside with the windows open as often as you can and direct a fan into the car if possible. The faster you dry it out, the longer it will take to get moldy. The padding/insulation under the carpeting is the most likely location for mold to form. Have the leak found and repaired before you start removing things to clean and/or replace them.

3. Question about flooding and mold