Q: Question about engine compatability

Can a 05 grand prix engine fit a 04 grand prix

Both years have the same base engine CDL26 and should be compatible with each other. The possible problem you may have even though they are only a year apart is there most likely will be changes in the engine sensors, manifolds, accessories and wire harnesses. You may have to transfer components from one engine to the other in order for these components will work.

If you run into any issues or simply need assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose and service your vehicle.

3. Question about engine compatability