Q: Question about compatible windows.

I am missing a passenger window for my Jeep Cherokee 1991. All salvage yards near me have a few 1990s or 1992s, 1993s. Are these years' windows compatible with mine? Might be a silly question, but I can't find the answer anywhere! Thanks

A comprehensive national database that can be used to identify interchanges, and the actual sources, for used car parts, such as door windows, is Car-part.com. At Car-part.com input your year, make and model and then select "glass, front door" or "glass, rear door" and up will come hundreds of used windows at various locations around the country. Looking quickly, it appears as if the interchange for the window you have referred to potentially runs from 1986 up to 1996 but once you select a yard, you can send them an e-mail and they can confirm the fit. Alternatively, if you have a specific year in mind and you give us your VIN number we can attempt to confirm interchange, too, using the OEM database. At any rate, looking at Car-part.com it certainly looks like there are many years that you can use in the interval 1986-1996. If you need assistance with installation of the window, please request window repair/replacement and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Question about compatible windows.