Q: Question about charging the air conditioning system

My 2009 jeep compass has a charging port on the inside of the engine compartment located on the small line. You cannot charge on the small line, so I located the large line under the car near the radiator, but the charging port is too big to fit on my charging hose---do I need an adapter??? Thanks

The low side service port is the one on the line near the top of the shock tower. The low side is the smaller of the two fittings. I know that the line looks like it is the small line on the shack tower near the power steering reservoir but that is the low side you need to fill the system at. If you were using a complete gauge set then you would noticed the pressures of the low side is the small fitting. This is why the manufacture put the high side fitting under the vehicle. If you need assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your A/C system and make the necessary repairs.