Q: Question about an article.

After reading your article, "The Most and Least Expensive Cars to Maintain", I would like to know, do you have truck specific data? I'm going to be in the market soon and am gathering data from as many resources as possible before making my decision. Thank you.

A: When it comes to any type of vehicle, servi...

When it comes to any type of vehicle, servicing the vehicle on a regular basis is necessary to maintain its performance. A truck can be a daily driver and never be used to haul a load or pull a boat, and would last longer before major repairs are needed than a truck that pulls a trailer everyday or is loaded up all of the time.

If you pull a lot of weight on a trailer all the time, then look into a super duty type truck that can do the work better than a standard size truck that would be at its limit carting the loads for you. Look at each make and model to get ideas of the best truck for the money and the most dependable. The majority of trucks on the market are great and all of them may have different types of problems you will run into. A new truck model may have fixed all the issues that previous trucks may have had, even if it was made a month earlier. I can say that diesel engine trucks cost more to service, but may last longer and have more power for towing and heavy duty applications.

If you would like to look at the annual costs for specific trucks, scroll down on our Estimator Page and select the truck’s make and model. These pages will give you an idea of how much it will cost you to maintain your car annually.