Q: Put water in engine oil about 11 hrs ago, ran car for about 40 miles altogether and im getting an oil change now?

Water in engine oil about 11 hrs ago ran car for about 40 miles altogether and i am getting an oil change now?

Water into the engine oil, whether by accident or with a purpose is not recommended. Your engine relies on oil to lubricate all the moving internal parts. Water will reduce the oil’s lubricating properties,, create foaming as oil and water don’t mix, clog the oil filter, effect oil pressure in a negative manner, and quite probably leave some lasting damage to bearings, crank and cam shafts,etc. Driving 40 miles with water in the oil is honestly, 40 miles too many. Drain that oil and water mix out of there immediately along with a replacement oil filter. Run the engine for a short while, then repeat the oil change process. I cannot say whether lasting damage has definitely occurred or not.

3. Put water in engine oil about 11 hrs ago, ran car for about 40 miles altogether and im getting an oil change now?